The Tick is Back

The TickGiven enough time, I would probably -- at one point or another -- make a claim that any given cartoon I have seen in my life was a great cartoon. I just happen to have a very large soft-spot for cartoons. However, one of the truly great cartoons of the 90s has made somewhat of a comeback.

That's right, the Tick.

For those who say, 'what?" Stop reading now! There is no point for you to read on. I have neither the time nor the patience to attempt to explain to you why this show was just so damn funny. It had a very short run on Fox Saturday (and at times I think Sunday) mornings, and then spent some time on Comedy Central -- in the days before the network had as much original programming as they do now.

That said, the Toon Disney Network has apparently lauched a more 'big-kids' segment of their daily programming called JETIX. It runs only in the evening, and plays a lot of power rangers and what-not that I could care less about. But at 10:30PM ET, the Tick, Arthur, Die Fledermaus, Sewer Urchin, American Maid, et al., are back in my living room, defending The City from evil...SPOON!

Life is good.

tick, the tick, cartoons, toon disney, jetix, saturday morning cartoons

2 thoughts on “The Tick is Back

1. I too loved the Tick during it's short run. Though, I never entirely bought into the live action version...